Dermatologists are more than the pros to turn to for immediate problems.
They will perhaps become your most reliable ally for beautiful skin, for life. The skin you were born with was smooth, soft, flawless and firm – and chances are that the skin you have today is nowhere in comparison.
Time, inheritance, hormones, the sun, stress and all the little vices of life weigh on the largest organ in the body: the skin. The skin must be healthy and clear from head to toe, whatever your age.
This requires cultivating a relationship with your dermatologist and making sure you ask the right questions.
Here are our five most important questions to ask your dermatologist:
1. Do you offer cosmetic treatments to improve the appearance of my skin, as well as to diagnose and treat t skin rubles?
2. Will you use a Lamp or UV-detect photograph to assess damage below the surface of the skin?
3. What do you recommend to best achieve and maintain my skin care goal? Are there alternatives to consider?
4. How many people have you treated with similar conditions and can I see pictures of the results before and after?
5. Are you a dermatologist certified by the council of the order of physicians? What are the references of other staff members who may treat me? Is your establishment approved or accredited by the State?